My three year old is visiting her grandparents for two days. She was ecstatic to be going on a special trip with them. My seven month old will be staying home with me, but I still feel like I’ve been given the gift of time.
Top ten things for Tuesday that I am excited about:
- Eating a leisurely breakfast with Handsome Husband. (Poached eggs, wheat toast and homemade blueberry jam are on the menu)
- Jogging downtown on the canal. Handsome Husband and I lived there for the first five years our marriage so I will literally be jogging down memory lane.
- Listening to my dated yet faithful workout mix. Madonna, U2 and Moby still rock my run.
- Stopping at Starbucks for a tall half caff caramel machiatto with an extra espresso shot.
- Shaving my legs. (An event which sadly should happen more often.)
- Watching some trashy daytime TV.
- Reading. I’m halfway through The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest and The Help is next up.
- Taking a nap.
- Dinner with Handsome Husband. I have a Groupon for sushi that is burning a whole in my pocket. Fingers crossed that his meeting doesn’t run late.
- More reading and time for prayer. Spending extra time with the good book this Lenten season has been good for my soul.
What do you most like to do when you have time just for yourself?